After a successful career in the construction industry, Lance spent 22 years with the NZ Police, becoming the lead crisis negotiator. He qualified in NZ, Australia, and with the FBI. He was described by senior police as “The most qualified and highly skilled negotiator within NZ Police”, having trained and operated with the elite tactical teams of Police, Corrections, Fire, emergency responders, the Military, and FBI.
The topics included in Lance's presentation will be:
- The essentials of emotions – how information is processed, and how to control our negative thinking.
- How to manage the consequences of a post-Covid environment dealing with uncertainty and adversity.
- Reducing worry – treating worry for what it is, a risk management tool, by introducing a risk-mitigation plan.
- The balance wheel – another practical activity that allows us to identify where altering a small piece of our life can make a massive difference.
- It’s the little things – practical techniques to boost energy and self-motivate, to switch off after a busy day, as well as how to get to sleep quickly and stay asleep.